Mackay Information Sessions for Seniors & Retirees – May/June 2018
Confused about aged care services and your entitlements?
PresCare is holding FREE information sessions for anyone who would like to know more about government-funded aged care packages and their entitlements. You’ll get to meet face-to-face with our Client Services Managers who will help you understand recently introduced ‘consumer directed care’ (‘CDC’)- what it means, how you will be impacted, what you’re entitled to and what you need to do.
All sessions will be held at Walk on Wheels Mackay – 352 Bridge Road, West Mackay QLD 4740
Session 1: Tuesday 29th May from 10am-12pm
At this session we’ll answer all of the questions that many older Australians have been asking…
- What is a Home Care Package? How do I get one?
- What is the Commonwealth Home Support Program? How do I qualify?
- What is an ACAT assessment? How do I get one?
- Do I have to go on a waiting list? Why?
- I already have a package, how will recent changes affect me (or my loved one)? Can I move to another provider? How? I’m moving, can I take my package with me?
Session 2: Tuesday 5th June from 10am-12pm
This session will focus on ways you can stay living independently and safely at home. Our Occupational Therapist will show you how to prevent slips, falls and accidents and give you an exclusive look at an extensive range of Walk on Wheels mobility aid products to help you with everyday living.
Session 3: Tuesday 12th June from 10am-12pm
This session is about the importance of eating well and staying active. Our Dietician and Exercise Physiologist will provide you with a host of tips and useful information, including how to order delicious, home-delivered Contented Chef meals.