PresCare and COVID-19
We would like to reassure all of our residents, client and families that PresCare has introduced prudent measures to safeguard the well-being and health of our employees, volunteers, clients, and residents from COVID-19.
Our response is to ensure we are as prepared as possible for any widespread community transmission of COVID-19 or transmission of the virus to any of our residents, client or employees.
We have a PresCare COVID-19 task force that is meeting 7 days a week to keep up-to-date with the changing landscape of this virus.
PresCare is in regular contact with Queensland Health and other public health officials to ensure our response preparedness and strategies are aligned to Federal and State Government agency planning.
What we are doing right now?
We have taken the following actions to minimise the potential current and future risk of COVID-19 spread we have:
- enhanced infection control measures at all of our aged care sites and services
- encouraged social distancing of 1.5 metres within our facilities and locations
- limited to 2 visitors at our facilities
- cancelled large gatherings and meetings across our entire organisation
- compulsory screening of everyone entering all PresCare locations
- mandated social distancing with all employees and volunteers to reduce the risk of contamination by someone with the virus
- reinforced good hand hygiene with all employees and volunteers
- introduced COVID-19 online training for all staff
- restricted travel for our employees.